Building Design+Construction's Building Team Awards recognize newly built (opened or occupied January 1, 2020 or later) projects that best exemplify the collaboration between owner, architect, engineer, and contractor to produce buildings that exhibit architectural and construction excellence. The winners will be featured in the July/August 2021 issue of BD+C.
Submissions are judged based on two criteria:
1. Design/engineering/construction quality and excellence (50%)
2. How the Building Team (architects, engineers, contractors, CMs, subcontractors, building owners, developers, government entities, etc.) collaborated to overcome obstacles and make the project succeed (50%)
The deadline for the 24th Annual
Building Team Awards is:
May 14, 2021 DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JUNE 1!
To enter the awards competition, please follow the steps below:
1. Complete the online registration form.
2. Write a statement of support (word or PDF). See the entry information and our tips sheet for help writing your statement of support.
3. Create a PowerPoint with low-resolution images and captions/callouts for the project images. See the entry information and our tips sheet for help.
4. Create a folder with high-resolution versions of the project images.
5. Complete the project information sheet.
6. Complete the payment form (if paying by credit card) or check made payable to SGC Horizon ($250 per entry).
7. Send the A) statement of support B) PowerPoint C) project information sheet D) high-resolution images and E) payment form via a file sharing service (Dropbox, Box, High Tail, WeTransfer.com, etc.) to David Barista, Editorial Director, email@example.com by EOD May 14, 2021.
SEND SUBMISSIONS TO: