SGC Horizon, parent company of Building Design+Construction and ProBuilder, will present 7 ProConnect Events this year: Multifamily (2), Single Family (3), Education (PreK-12 to University), and Sustainability (including Wellness, Resilience, and ESG).
At ProConnect, design, construction, home building, and real estate professionals meet in confidential 20-minute sessions with Building Product Manufacturers to discuss upcoming projects, learn about new products, and discover practical solutions to technical problems.
Since 2018, SGC Horizon has produced 31 ProConnect Events, resulting in more than 13,000 high-impact interactions. Both Attendees and Sponsors agree: "ProConnect is a very good use of my time."
To learn how to participate as a Sponsor or Attendee, please contact Dan Gardner, ProConnect Program Director, firstname.lastname@example.org; 989.860.7930.
CHECK OUT THE 2023 PROCONNECT SCHEDULE
– ProConnect MULTIFAMILY (2): April 26-28, TPC Sawgrass Marriott Resort & Spa, Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla.; Oct 22-24, Westin Stonebriar Resort & Spa, Dallas. Note: Multifamily ProConnects are reserved for Multifamily Developers, Architects, Designers, and Contractors whose firms develop, design, or construct 150 or more apartments, condominiums, senior living, or student housing units per year.
– ProConnect EDUCATION (PreK-12 to University): June 21-22, Renaissance Nashville, Nashville, Tenn. Note: ProConnect Education is reserved for Architects, Designers, Engineers, and Contractors whose firms produce a significant number or square footage of school buildings, college/university facilities, or both.
– ProConnect SINGLE FAMILY (3): March 26-28, Westin Stonebriar Resort & Spa, Dallas; May 7-9, Darcy Hotel, Washington, D.C. (in partnership with the National Association of Home Builders); and September 18-20, TPC Sawgrass Marriott Resort & Spa, Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla. Note: Single Family ProConnects are reserved for Home Builders whose companies produce 50 or more homes/year.
– ProConnect SUSTAINABILITY: December 11-12, TPC Sawgrass Marriott Resort & Spa, Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla. Note: ProConnect Sustainability is reserved for Attendees with proven experience and responsibility in sustainability, wellness, resilience, and ESG matters for their companies – such as Chief Sustainability Officer, Director of Sustainability/Assistant Director of Sustainability, ESG Director/Assistant ESG Director, LEED Fellow, LEED AP BD+C (and additional LEED AP categories), Fitwel Ambassador, BEMP, CEM, CPHC, GGA, HBDP, LFA (ILFI), TRUE Advisor, WELL AP, or similar titles and accreditations.
HOW MANUFACTURERS BENEFIT FROM PROCONNECT EVENTS
- 16-18 meetings with prequalified specifiers – It would take 2-3 months of your time just to set up this many meetings, plus multiple business trips
- Cost effectiveness – "If you just convert one piece of business, it pays for itself." – Multi-time Sponsor
- Follow-up by Attendees. Many Attendees reconnect with you after the event: "I have booked 3 lunch-and-learns ... (others to come) and reached out to two others for technical support," one Attended reported. Another said, "Reached out to the vendors for some pricing for the project that I am working on."
- Strategic guidance – “Gives us great intelligence in terms of what matters most to them." – Multi-time Sponsor
- Informal networking with Attendees – Make further contact at breaks, meals, and dedicated networking events (pub crawls, stadium tours, even axe throwing!)
WHAT SPONSORS SAY ABOUT THEIR PROCONNECT EXPERIENCE
"We've actually been able to close business at the show – which is phenomenal." – Window Manufacturer
"We always come away with a door open that was not open for us before." – Appliance Manufacturer
"From a strategic perspective, it’s very valuable to have that input so we can keep our finger on the pulse." – Faucet Manufacturer
HOW ATTENDEES BENEFIT FROM PROCONNECT EVENTS
Learn about numerous new building products and solutions in a condensed time frame – it's like having 16 or more lunch-n-learns in a day-and-a-half.
Network with other industry professionals from around the country at breaks, meals, and receptions.
Attendee Roundtable: Attendees discuss issues of mutual concern and share ideas, best practices, and advice.
FREE AIA Learning Units: AIA members earn 0.25 "nano" LUs for each meeting with Product Manufacturers.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN PROCONNECT EVENTS
ProConnect Events are designed for building professionals – Developers, Property Owners, Architects, Sustainability Experts, Home Builders, and General Contractors – who are responsible for recommending and specifying products for their firms' projects. The events are free to qualified attendees selected by ProConnect staff.
Sponsorships are open to Building Product Manufacturers serving the respective market sector or building type for each ProConnect event.