The American Institute of Architects (AIA) Committee on the Environment (COTE) is awarding ten design projects with its highest honor—the COTE Top Ten Awards—for their significant achievements in advancing climate action. Complete details for each project are available on AIA’s website.
For the past 26 years, COTE has bestowed the award annually on ten design projects that have expertly integrated design excellence with cutting-edge performance in ten key areas. The COTE Top Ten projects illustrate the solutions architects provide for the health and welfare of our communities and planet.
In order to be eligible, project submissions are required to demonstrate alignment with COTE’s rigorous criteria, which include social, economic, and ecological values. The four-member jury evaluates each project submission based on the effectiveness of their holistic design solution and metrics associated with the ten measures.
2022 COTE Top 10 Award Recipients
- 663 South Cooper
- Edwin M. Lee Apartments
- Iowa City Public Work
- King Open/Cambridge Street Upper Schools & Community Complex
- Knox College Whitcomb Art Center
- Lick-Wilmerding High School Historic Renovation & Expansion
- Louisiana Children's Museum
- Meyer Memorial Trust Headquarters
- Roxbury Branch of the Boston Public Library Renovation
- Tufts University Science and Engineering Complex