IRVINE, Calif., Oct 21, 2019 – KTGY Architecture + Planning has announced that the firm is expanding its 55+ practice area, led by Manny Gonzalez, FAIA, LEED AP, Principal. Ben Seager, AIA, LEED AP, Director, Design, has been appointed Practice Area Leader of the firm’s 75+ service-enriched studio. KTGY’s award-winning senior living practice focuses on residential and the mix of uses that create community.
“Ben is a proven innovator who is passionate about creating life plan communities and optimal environments for service-enriched senior living,” said Tricia Esser, CEO of KTGY Architecture + Planning.
As the National 55+ Active Adult Practice Leader, Gonzalez is focusing on the Rocky Mountain States. He is collaborating with KTGY Principal Bill Ramsey, AIA, to expand the firm’s active adult practice in that region. “Manny Gonzalez is a sought-after authority on active adult residential who is at the forefront of the 55+ development community, transforming architecture and planning for senior living nationally,” said Esser.
A selection of award-winning senior living communities from KTGY’s portfolio include:
KTGY Active Adult Communities
- Ovation at Mountain Falls, William Lyon Homes, an age-focused community providing single-level homes that feature contemporary desert architecture using materials that can withstand the temperatures of the Nevada desert.
- Trilogy in Summerlin, Shea Homes, a 354-unit, age-focused luxury community of Shea’s Trilogy brand. Located within the Summerlin Master Plan in Nevada, the community offers resort-style amenities and the opportunity for residents to participate in Summerlin’s active lifestyle.
- Canvas at Valley Forge, The Bozzuto Group, a for-rent community designed for active adults who choose a lock and leave lifestyle that allows them to travel or enjoy the local community while living in a contemporary community with extensive amenities and access to the Philadelphia metropolitan area.
- Regency at Summerlin, Toll Brothers, a gated for-sale single-family residential community with open floor plans and distinctive outdoor spaces set in the amenity-filled Summerlin Master Plan.
KTGY Service-Enriched Senior Communities
- Reata Glen, Spieker Senior Development, a life plan community that opened in May of 2019 in Rancho Mission Viejo, California; the 480-unit community offers an array of lifestyle choices and resort-style amenities on 60 acres.
- Regency Palms, Global Premier Development, a renovation and adaptation of an eight-story historic office building into a 91-unit assisted living and memory care residence with a rooftop deck located in walkable and transit-oriented downtown Long Beach.
- 810 Pine Avenue, Global Premier Development, a new construction, contemporary residential tower that is the neighbor property to Regency Palms, planned as an assisted living community.
KTGY’s R+D Studio is actively participating in forward-thinking asenior living R+D concepts, including:
- Next Steps, an urban, mixed-use concept for senior living.
About KTGY Architecture + Planning
Founded in 1991, KTGY Architecture + Planning is a full-service design firm focused on residential and mixed-use developments and neighborhood revitalization. KTGY offices are located in Chicago, Denver, Irvine, Los Angeles, Oakland, Pune (India), and Tysons, Va. See www.ktgy.com.