1. University of California San Francisco selects HDR and Herzog & de Meuron to design new hospital (BD+C)
"The future hospital is being envisioned as “The Healing Habitat,” a holistic healthcare environment that fosters wellness and recovery by combining efficient facilities with human experiences, connected to nature and the community."
2. Kennedy Middle School’s new Administration/Family Center (BD+C)
"Over the past few years, the existing school had been expanded, resulting in a campus configuration where the administration was now internal to the campus making it difficult for visitors to find and creating security concerns with visitors walking through the campus."
3. COVID readiness: IWBI and USGBC seek to help businesses quantify risk (Paladino Blog)
"In an effort to address the risks of COVID-19 at the building scale, USGBC and IWBI have analyzed existing certification guidelines and drafted new, relevant content."
4. Final NEPA rule will make it easier to rebuild infrastructure, reinvigorate the economy, and continue protecting the environment (AGC)
"Administration’s final reforms to the federal environmental review process fix problems with prior process, maintain environmental rigor, and accelerate needed infrastructure improvements."
5. Tips to make optimal use of salvaged materials (BD+C)
"Integrated teams, staging warehouse, and looking early and often, among recommendations."
6. Pandemic-proofing: Insurance may never be the same again (Reuters)
"Insurers are creating products for a world where virus outbreaks could become the new normal after many businesses were left out in the cold during the COVID-19 crisis."
7. Sam Zell: U-Shaped Recovery Will Likely Begin In The Fall (Bisnow)
"Real estate mogul Sam Zell predicts the country should be on track for a U-shaped recovery with an upswing beginning this fall, over a year before he suspects a coronavirus vaccine will become available."