1. Designing resilient libraries for a post-covid world (GBBN)
"The Coronavirus Pandemic forced 98% of all public libraries across the United States to close in April (American Library Association). While we miss our libraries, it’s been inspiring to see the creativity and dedication library workers have shown as they’ve taken steps to continue serving the public beyond the doors of the library."
2. Understanding the touchless workplace (Gensler)
"In the workplace, digital solutions and platforms have eliminated some of the noise by improving guest check-in, conference room booking, company communications, wayfinding, food and beverage service, and more."
3. ABC’s Construction Backlog Indicator falls in April; Contractor Confidence rebounds from historic lows (ABC)
"Nonresidential construction backlog is down 0.4 months compared to the March 2020 ABC survey and 1.7 months from April 2019."
4. Reopening the Coronavirus-Era Office: One-Person Elevators, No Cafeterias (WSJ)
“Welcome back to work. The corporate cafeteria is closed. The coffee makers are unplugged. And the desks are separated by plastic. Every part of office life is being re-examined in the era of Covid-19."
5. Vacation real-estate markets are ‘toast’ because of the pandemic as Airbnb owners rush to offload their homes, Redfin CEO says (MarketWatch)
"As the company reopens its iBuying division, Redfin CEO Glenn Kelman sees opportunity for iBuyers in beach towns."