Calling all emerging architects. Don’t miss out on your chance to enter the $20,000 Forge Prize. Submissions for Stage 1 judging are due soon (January 15).
This unique design competition, established by the American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC), invites emerging architects to develop visionary design concepts that embrace steel as the primary structural component to increase project speed.
Here are five reasons to enter the $20,000 Forge Prize today:
1. Showcase your design talents on a national stage. All entries will be evaluated by a jury of design experts. The Finalists and Grand Prize Winner will be honored during an industry ceremony this spring. They will also be featured in national industry publications, including Modern Steel Construction and Building Design+Construction.
2. Solve a pressing social or industry issue. Whether environmental, economic, social, logistical, or technical, The Forge Prize is open to all ideas and concepts for building structures, as long as steel is the primary structural component on the project.
3. Gain access to structural steel experts to enhance your design concept. All finalists will be paired with a steel fabricator who will provide advice and recommendations for enhancing the design submissions in preparation for final judging.
4. You'll have a chance to win one of three $10,000 finalist prizes to be used as a stipend to prepare for final judging.
5. You could be crowned the Grand Prize Winner and walk away with $20,000!
The Forge Prize is open to designers based in the United States. There is no entry fee. Enter by January 15, 2020.