UrbanTimes has compiled a list of the top 10 TED talks about cities, ranging from a discussion of what parts of cities contain real value, to how to reinvent apartment buildings, to the societal contributions of hackers.
The TED talks, none of which are longer than 20 minutes, were chosen by the UrbanTimes community. Speakers include animal behaviorist Amanda Burden, architect Moshe Safdie, and the mayor of Rio de Janeiro, Eduardo Paes.
Here's the complete list:
1. Amanda Burden: How Public Spaces Make Cities Work
2. Geoffrey West: The Surprising Math of Cities and Corporations
3. Alex Steffen: The Shareable Future of Cities
4. Moshe Safdie: How to Reinvent the Apartment Building
5. Eduardo Paes: The Four Commandments of Cities
6. Jeff Speck: The Walkable City
7. Paul Romer: The World’s First Charter City
8. Catherine Bracy: Why Good Hackers Make Good Citizens
9. Enrique Peñalosa: Why Buses Represent Democracy in Action
10. Dan Barasch: A Park Underneath the Hustle and Bustle of New York City
You can find the TED talks here.