Ten winners of the Construction Startup Competition 2021 recently shared the stage at BuiltWorlds 2021 Venture East Conference to highlight their innovations.
Document Crunch, an AI powered software to identify and explain critical issues in construction contracts, received the gold medal prize. The competition was sponsored by CEMEX Ventures, along with Dysruptek, Ferrovial, GS Futures, Hilti, VINCI Group's Leonard, and NOVA by Saint-Gobain.
The award-winning solutions encompassed five categories: carbon footprint mitigation, supply chain optimization, efficiency in the jobsite, advanced building materials, and new construction methods. The other winners were:
· AI Clearing (United States) — SaaS platform that integrates seamlessly several data sources into BI systems to provide digital insights.
· hyperTunnel (United Kingdom)— Patented new method to build and renew tunnels and underground infrastructures.
· Nodes & Links (United Kingdom)— AI-based platform to create smart machines to automate project management.
· ObraLink (Chile) — Data collection system to automate critical construction site activities such as concrete poured and formwork.
· Presien (Australia)— AI vision systems to free heavy industries from the risks that threaten the safety of their people and business.
· ProcurePro (Australia)— Digital subcontractor procurement platform to close the digital gap between bids & commitments.
· RatedPower (Spain)— Cloud-based software to carry out the design and engineering of utility-scale solar photovoltaic plants.
· Schüttflix (Germany)— Platform to order, transport, deliver and dispose bulk material 100% digitally.
· WASTEBOX (Austria)— Digital waste management platform to automatically connect customers with the right disposal partner for their project.