The AIA launched its Contract Documents Education Portal, aia.org/docucation, a comprehensive, user-friendly web site that offers contractors, builders, and architects high-quality Contract Documents-related education programs and materials in one convenient online location.
Users of the new site can access live training webinars, podcasts, and on-demand courses, some eligible for continuing education credit, as well as an extensive library of written resources such as comparisons of old and new AIA Contract Documents and commentaries to better understand key terms and clauses of AIA Contract Documents.
Additionally, aia.org/docucation visitors can access over 500 frequently asked questions about using AIA documents, guides – available as free downloads – on methods in design and construction projects, and register for in-person events and audience-centered and dialogue friendly workshops and discussions groups.
Led by experts in their fields, current courses offerings include:
- Sustainable Design and Construction: Identifying, Understanding, and Addressing, the Key Issues
- An overview of the recently released green model building code, the International Green Construction Code (IcCC)
- New federal regulations on implementation of the ADA guidelines and the relevant issues facing accessible design
- Owner/Contractor Agreements and Choosing the Right One for A Project
- Payment Applications and Change Orders
- Docs 101: Introduction to Construction Contracts for Small Firms
- Contract Documents for Digital Practice, and
- Managing Risk: Using Owner/Contractor and Subcontractor Construction Contracts. +