New versions of the EnergyPlus engine and the OpenStudio software development kit have been released by the U.S. Department of Energy and national labs.
EnergyPlus 8.8.0 includes the following enhancements:
- New features to support the use of EnergyPlus in urban-scale modeling applications
- Updated summary report tables for recent versions of LEED
- Support for multiple air systems serving a single zone
- An enhanced model for phase change materials
- Integration of Berkeley Lab’s WinCalc engine
OpenStudio 2.3.0’s main new feature is a new, open-source cross-platform 2D floor-plan editor. The editor supports story-by-story floor plan definition and extrusion; placement of doors, windows, and shading devices; and association of surfaces with constructions and spaces with space types and zones.
More information about all of DOE’s energy modeling software and research projects can be found at http://energy.gov/eere/buildin