The NEXT Coalition, a group of four major contractors, has chosen five pilot projects to fight COVID-19 challenges on jobsites.
The coalition, composed of Black & Veatch, DPR Construction, Haskell, and McCarthy, selected GoContractor, Kwant.ai, Smartvid.io, Opal, and Versatile to develop the first projects. NEXT is evaluating 58 other projects and still welcoming new submissions.
The projects will explore:
· An online contractor orientation platform designed to facilitate COVID-19 protocols
· Wearables with Internet of Things (IoT) sensors to capture data on worker location, notify workers of potential threats, and help facilitate worker scheduling
· An artificial intelligence system that studies images and makes alerts for potential health hazards
· An IoT wearable real time location system (RTLS) solution that addresses safety, security, and operational challenges
· A multisensor unit on cranes that measures points of data including load, weight, motion, rigging, unrigging, material location, tasks, and idle times