A new study shows benefits to government agencies when using qualifications-based selection (QBS) for design services.
A Dodge Data & Analytics survey of government clients found that a majority found a few significant benefits. More than half of the respondents were satisfied with the following when using a QBS method for design services:
· Being able to start work without a fully defined scope
· Dealing effectively with complex projects
· Effectively handling a challenging site or other unusually restrictive conditions
· Amount of constructability issues in the documents
· Amount of requests for information generated about documents
· Amount of rework that is generated due to design issues
By contrast, less than 20% of respondents who used a fee-based system were satisfied with their design firm’s performance on the matters listed above.