1. The Weekly show: Curtis Fentress, FAIA, on airport design, and how P3s are keeping university projects alive (BD+C)
"The September 10 episode of BD+C's "The Weekly" is available for viewing on demand."
2. Fannie Mae programs provide incentives for multifamily solar (BD+C)
"The lender’s Green Rewards Program can also be used to defray the cost of installing solar panels on multifamily properties including affordable housing projects. Fannie Mae’s Multifamily Green Rewards mortgage loan financing program is for borrowers who have elected to reduce energy and water usage of their property by a combined 30%. At least 15% of the savings must be attributed to energy savings."
3. Easing the oncology journey: The role of urgent care (GBBN)
"Oncology patients are better served when they’re connected to the right staff. Emergency physicians are typically not cancer experts and are not familiar with an oncology patient’s history, longitudinal care plan, and drug therapy the way their cancer team is."
4. COVID-19: How are you doing? (BD+C)
"Multifamily seems to be one sector in the construction industry that’s holding its own during the pandemic."
5. Des Moines University begins construction on new 88-acre campus (BD+C)
"The campus will include flexible environments that allow for didactic, active-learning and small group work. Learning studios and laboratories will be technology-rich while simulated health care environments will reflect those of modern care facilities, providing learners with a safe environment in which to practice patient care."
6. Tyson Foods to open medical clinics at some meat plants (Associated Press)
"Tyson Foods is planning to open medical clinics at several of its U.S. plants to improve the health of its workers and better protect them from the coronavirus."