1. Designing for the next generation of student life: Academically aligned (Ghafari)
"Since many academic departments have been concentrated in their own buildings or portions of campus, bringing these disciplines into a shared facility is fairly new territory."
2. Robins & Morton to convert Miami Beach Convention Center into a 450-bed field hospital (BD+C)
"The Army Corps of Engineers selected Robins & Morton to perform the $22.5 million contract. The facility is scheduled to be ready to receive patients on April 21, giving the general contractor two weeks to go from bare floors to a working hospital."
3. HDR will design a mass timber Ramada Hotel (BD+C)
"HDR will provide architectural design services for the project, which takes advantage of British Columbia’s new regulations allowing mass timber construction up to 12 stories. The tower will be built using partial encapsulation and exposed CLT, as well as glulam."
4. Q&A: How Is COVID-19 Affecting the Construction Industry? (Commercial Property Executive)
"Colliers’ Greg Main-Baillie and Levine Kellogg Lehman Schneider + Grossman’s Jason Kellogg provide a comprehensive view on what halted projects and delayed deliveries will mean for the real estate business."
5. Hundreds Of Construction Firms Across The Country Hold Coronavirus Safety Stand Downs To Protect Workers And The Public (AGC)
"The safety stand down, which was organized by the Associated General Contractors of America, was designed to make sure firms and workers are taking measures outlined by public health and safety officials to protect workers on active construction sites and the public."
For more top stories from BD+C,
sign up for the BD+C Daily 5 newsletter