From Wired Glass to Clear Solutions: Designing with Fire Rated Glass Today
This white paper provides readers with a solid understanding of fire rated glass (FRG) based on the two types of FRG recognized in the IBC – fire protective and fire resistive glazing. The discussion includes the advancement of FRG from traditional wire glass to technologically advanced clear solutions, recent code changes, the updated 2012 IBC Chapter 7 Tables outlining the requirements for FRG applications, and fire-rated framing considerations. The white paper is intended to give readers the ability to specify the correct, code-approved FRG product for particular applications based on the most up-to-date version of the IBC.
More like this
- From Wired Glass to Clear Solutions: Designing with Fire Rated Glass Today
- Tips for designing with fire rated glass - AIA/CES course
- Going beyond LEED: Achieving sustainable design with advanced fire rated glass systems
- Fire rated glazing helps historic university preserve its past
- SAFTI FIRST to debut free apps for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad at AIA Convention