TRACO wins Crystal Achievement Award for most innovative manufacturing plant
Cranberry Township, Pa. - TRACO has been selected as the winner of the 2009 Crystal Achievement Award for the “Best Factory.” The awards program, sponsored by Glass Magazine, the official publication of the National Glass Association, selects winners based on significant innovations and achievements in commercial, retail and fabrication markets.
The winners were announced in September and honored at the GlassBuild Show in Atlanta, September 30 – October 2, 2009. TRACO has previously won Crystal Achievement awards for “The Most Innovative Commercial Window” in 2007 and 2008 and “The Most Innovative Website” in 2008.
A panel of judges who represent all segments of the industry selected the winners.
TRACO manufactures a complete line of custom-designed architectural, commercial rated windows, doors, window wall, storefront, entrances, impact resistant hurricane windows and doors and blast windows. TRACO manufactures products for retrofit, new construction and historic projects utilizing state-of-the-art systems.
The company’s capabilities include: glass tempering and laminating, anodizing, paint finishing, aluminum extruding and glass insulating. Established in 1943 by Mae and E.R. Randall, TRACO employs more than 1,600 employees. TRACO’s memorable landmark projects include handcrafting the windows for the crown of the Statue of Liberty and manufacturing more than 6,000 windows for the Empire State Building.
Contact: Denise Abraham, TRACO
More like this
- Johnson Controls announces program to help customers reduce chiller energy costs by up to 40%
- Construction unemployment rises to 17.1% as another 64,000 construction workers are laid off in September
- Andreas Mueller named president and CEO of nora systems
- Indian energy delegation tours window manufacturer TRACO facility in Pennsylvania
- iSqFt acquires technology and key assets of Plan Express Inc.