Thornton Tomasetti acquires green consulting firm Fore Solutions
International engineering firm launches new building sustainability practice.
Thornton Tomasetti, the international engineering firm, announces the acquisition of Fore Solutions, a green building consulting firm that will allow Thornton Tomasetti to significantly expand its sustainability consulting services and integrate green objectives across all its practices.
The new Building Sustainability practice will be headed by Gunnar Hubbard, Fore Solution’s principal and founder, who becomes a principal at Thornton Tomasetti. Wolfgang Werner, formerly director of sustainability, becomes a vice president and head of the practice’s East U.S. region.
- The phenomenal growth of the green building movement in recent years means that sustainability is here to stay. By 2015, approximately half of new construction in the United States is estimated to incorporate some measure of sustainability.
- The addition of Fore Solutions gives Thornton Tomasetti expanded experience and an established brand in the green building world.
- With the creation of its Green Building Strategy Team in 2007 and a sustainability department in 2010, Thornton Tomasetti started offering sustainability services and performing sustainability project work. The addition of Fore Solutions will greatly advance Thornton Tomasetti’s sustainability services effort to address clients’ needs for high-performance, energy-efficient buildings.
The Fore Solutions team will remain based in Portland, Maine, which is now a Thornton Tomasetti office within the East U.S. region. BD+C
More like this
- Vyhanek joins Thornton Tomasetti’s Kansas City office
- Leigh Mires joins Thornton Tomasetti as chief learning officer
- Thornton Tomasetti/Fore Solutions provides consulting for renovation at Tufts School of Dental Medicine
- Thornton Tomasetti promotes Khaled Othman to Vice President in the New York office
- Thornton Tomasetti announces multiple promotions