One year after breaking ground, the Building Team for the renovation and expansion of the Gouverneur Healthcare Services facility on Manhattan's Lower East Side topped out the $180 million project. Designed by New York-based RMJM, the development involves a 316,000-sf renovation and 108,000-sf addition that will house a 295-bed nursing facility and five-story ambulatory care center. The project is part of a city-wide, five-year, $1.2 billion capital investment plan to modernize and rebuild New York City's health and hospital facilities.
Manhattan's Gouverneur Healthcare Services tops out renovation, expansion
October 01, 2009 |
More like this
- Manhattan's latest boutique hotel will be LEED Silver certified
- Jacobs, HDR top BD+C's ranking of the nation's 100 largest institutional building design firms
- Bronze Award: Alumni Gymnasium Renovation, Dartmouth College Hanover, N.H.
- Luxury Hotel required faceted design
- Manhattan's Pier 57 to be transformed into $210 million cultural center