Las Vegas high school focuses on careers in justice, emergency response
McCarthy Building Cos., St. Louis, recently completed construction on the 130,700-sf Veterans Tribute Career & Technical Academy, a Las Vegas high school that focuses on service career pathways in 911 dispatch training, law enforcement, crime scene analysis, emergency medical training, and computer forensics. Designed by Pugsley Simpson Coulter Architects, Las Vegas, the 24-acre site includes a five-building campus with separate buildings for the gymnasium, commons, administrative, and resource facilities, as well as athletic fields, courts, and a fitness trail through the campus. The project is designed around LEED standards, featuring solar panel outdoor lighting, insulated concrete walls, daylight dimming system, and sun tracking solar lighting systems.
More like this
- JE Dunn, Balfour Beatty among country's biggest institutional building contractors, according to BD+C's Giants 300 report
- PCL Construction, HITT Contracting among nation's largest commercial building contractors, according to BD+C's Giants 300 report
- Gilbane, Manhattan Construction top BD+C's ranking of the nation's 50 largest K-12 school contractors
- Jacobs, Hensel Phelps among the nation's 50 largest design-build contractors
- Las Vegas announces Green Building Rebate Program