Joining us is Bryan Moore, President and CEO of DBA Architects, a leading mixed-use master planner in the Dallas-Fort Worth market. DBA, like many firms, has seen an uptick in demand for micro communities, and Bryan will discuss the sustainable impact of designing walkable communities and how it encourages physical and mental health.
Moore speaks with BD+C's John Caulfield about the following topics:
- What is a micro-community? Where are they most prevalent?
- The concept of walkable communities has been around for decades. Why do you think it is gaining traction now?
- What typically comes first in micro communities: commercial or residential?
- What are some of the sustainable impacts attributable to walkable communities?
- What’s the future for micro communities? Will their numbers continue to increase? How will they evolve?
- What are some impediments to growth that will need to be overcome?