A vacant four-acre property that was the former site of the Gutmann Leather Tannery at 1515 N. Webster in Chicago will soon become the new home of C.H. Robinson’s headquarters building.
The site was purchased by Sterling Bay in 2015 for $21.3 million, according to Curbed Chicago, and shortly after a 15-year tenant agreement was signed with C.H. Robinson. The SOM-designed will provide 207,000 sf spread across its four floors.
In addition to the office building itself, there will also be an outdoor amenity space, a new walking trail, and green space along the eastern bank of the Chicago River. Parking will be available to employees in the form of a below grade lot and an adjacent surface lot.
The headquarters project received its construction permit at the end of January and is expected to be completed in 2018. The facility will house around 1,000 C.H. Robinson employees.