The SMPS Foundation is now accepting scholarship applications from eligible students majoring in marketing, communications, or public relations who are planning a career in professional services marketing in the architecture, engineering, and construction industry.
One outstanding scholar will be selected this year to receive a $1,500 scholarship award, to be used toward academic expenses, such as tuition and fees, books, supplies, and other similar expenses.
1. The student’s college or university must be located in the United States and the institution’s accreditation must be recognized by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation.
2. The student must be currently enrolled and pursuing a bachelor’s degree, associate’s degree, or a graduate degree in marketing, public relations, and/or communications.
3. The student must be enrolled full-time, with a course load of at least 12 semester hours. Students pursuing a graduate degree must be enrolled for a minimum of six credits.
4. The student must currently have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
5. Two letters of recommendation must accompany the student’s application: one from either the academic advisor or a professor in the degree program in which the student is enrolled, and the other from a person who can speak to the student’s passion about his/her major and/or the field of professional services marketing.
6. The student may not have previously received any scholarship award from the SMPS Foundation or more than one scholarship from an SMPS chapter.
7. The student must respond to one of two essay questions.
8. Preference will be given SMPS members (including student members and all other members in good standing).
The scholarship application is available at www.smps.org/foundscholarship. Application deadline: May 31, 2012.