PLNAR, a new app from SmartPicture Technologies, can generate floor plans using augmented reality and eliminate the need to manually measure and document room dimensions.
In order to generate a comprehensive digital report that includes critical dimensioning calculations, visual, and material details, users must mark the outline of a room and designate any structures, such as windows and doors.
“With PLNAR, we’ve built an AR experience that makes it easy for the individual consumer to virtually measure any room with nothing more than an iPhone, while also giving flooring companies, insurance, interior design and home renovation professionals an interactive tool to increase efficiency and revenue,” says Andy Greff, CEO of SmartPicture Technologies, in a release.
Through PLNAR, users will be able to:
● Enjoy an immersive augmented reality experience with real-world uses.
● Ditch the tape measure, paper and pencil in favor of an intuitive, easy-to-use smartphone app that will sketch a detailed floor plan and measure a room with just a few photos.
● Generate measurements of any room or wall, including area and perimeter.
● Quickly determine flooring and material needs for the next phase of a home improvement project.
● Create, combine and and manage multiple projects or room plans.
● Export and share PDF reports on individual rooms—including walls, doors, openings and other project-related details—to share with contractors, retailers, insurance agents, vendors and more.