Designboom has compiled a list of the Top 10 museums that opened during the last year. The list includes both additions to existing structures and entirely new buildings, and projects from all over the globe—from Frank Gehry's Foundation Louis Vuitton in Paris to Shigeru Ban's Aspen (Colo.) Art Museum.
Here's a recap of the top-10 museums (For the full report, including project descriptions and images, visit designboom):
1. City of Culture by David Chipperfield Architects
2. Foundation Louis Vuitton by Frank Gehry
3. Aspen Art Museum by Shigeru Ban
4. National September 11 Memorial Museum Pavilion by Snøhetta
5. Harvard Art Museums by Renzo Piano
6. Long Museum West Bund by Atelier Deshaus
7. Osulloc Tea Museum by Mass Studies
8. Panama Biomuseo by Frank Gehry
9. Aga Khan Museum by Fumihiko Maki
10. Asia Museum of Modern Art by Tadao Ando
Read the full report at designboom.