Originally built between 1896 and 1928 for St. Luke’s Hospital and used as a hospital services wing, the four-building complex has now been transformed into 205 market-rate apartments. The redevelopment included new infill and interior renovation to create residential units and amenity space.
The buildings’ original finishes and landmarked façades were preserved while complicated architectural moves, such as realigning all the floors across the different buildings, were also incorporated.
The properties large, central carriage house has become a two-story lounge with vaulted ceilings and resident amenities such as a library, a residents’ bar, work spaces, and an interior courtyard. Other amenities include a 3,000-sf fitness center and rooftop terraces with views of Morningside and Central Park.
Apartment units include strip wood flooring, Nest thermostats, and custom-designed fixtures and finishes. Some units also include 11-foot ceilings. Apartments range from studios to four-bedrooms. The first residents are set to move in this summer.