The final report for Building Design+Construction's inaugural Giants 300 Technology and Innovation Study is now available for download.
This free 17-page PDF report includes the complete findings from BD+C's inaugural survey of 130 of the nation's largest architecture, engineering, and construction firms to assess the state of AEC technology adoption and innovation initiatives at the AEC Giants.
The 12-question survey that asked firms to:
• pinpoint the tools they use most often
• identify their highest-ROI tech strategies and innovation initiatives
• discuss the business innovation initiatives their firm has successfully implemented
• identify “non-AEC industry” hires their firm has made in the past 24 months, and
• discuss the top business impacts of AEC tech implementations.
Among the key findings:
- Nearly half (42.3%) of AEC Giant firms feel that they are either “significantly ahead” or “somewhat ahead” of their direct competitors when it comes to adopting advanced AEC tech tools and processes.
- Improved project team coordination was cited as the most significant business impact from adopting AEC technology tools and processes.
- 3D laser scanning, real-time rendering, and design computation were mentioned most often as “high-ROI” tech strategies.
- Two-thirds of responding firms have hired an “AEC outsider” within the past 24 months to help with their innovation.