Please follow the guidelines below for your submission.
Deadline for Submission: Friday, February 3, 2023.
Here’s what we need – please send as a Word document (preferred) or email text (not PDF):
1. PROJECT DESCRIPTION —project name, location, # of units, type of units (studio, 1BR, 2BR, loft, etc.), construction cost (or total cost). List Developer or Owner, key AEC firms involved (architect, MEP engineer, structure/civil engineer, landscape architect, builder/contractor, important specialty subcontractors – e.g., sustainability consultant, social services provider).
Note: Projects must have been completed in the last 18 months or so (please give approx. Occupancy Date or Construction Completion Date); also projects "in design" or under construction (send renderings for these).
2. HIGH-QUALITY HIGH-RESOLUTION PHOTOS, 300 dpi, with short CAPTIONS (25-50 words) describing what’s going on in the photo (“925-sq. ft. fitness center at Aloha Apartments with yoga space,“ “Community garden at Aloha…”). For projects "in the works," submit high-resolution renderings with CAPTIONS and CREDITS.
We suggest 8-12 photos/renderings, a mix of Exteriors and Interiors, Horizontal and Vertical (if available), esp. interesting or unusual features, key amenities, important design elements ("wellness center," "community garden"), innovations, etc.
We like photos with people in them – preferably real people, not actors. Casual, candid, not posed.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send photos via Dropbox. We do not have a Dropbox account. Please use another mechanism (WeTransfer, Google Drive, etc.) or send photos in email batches up to 20MB.
3. PHOTO CREDITS for all images – very important!
4. TELL US WHAT MAKES THE PROJECT SPECIAL Tell why BD+C readers would be interested in the project: health and wellness features, support services, innovations, special design or construction aspects, interesting financing mechanism, client target group (unhoused? families? seniors? veterans?), community involvement, sustainability, unusual obstacles you overcame, etc.
5. SUBMITTER'S CONTACT INFO – include your mobile phone (in case we have questions).
Please send materials to: Quinn Purcell, Managing Editor, BD+C – email@example.com.
Put "Affordable Housing 2023" in the SUBJECT line.
Questions? Email Rob Cassidy (firstname.lastname@example.org) or text at 773-220-3555.