Total construction & real estate industry deals for September 2019 worth $21.7bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked a decrease of 5.7% over the previous month and a rise of 44.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $15.06bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 4.4% over the last 12-month average with 194 deals against the average of 203 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $9.63bn.
Construction & real estate industry deals in September 2019: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate deals accounted for 60.5% of the overall value during September 2019.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate deals stood at $13.13bn, against the overall value of $21.7bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of September 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1. The Blackstone Group's $4.66bn private equity deal with Dream Global Real Estate Investment Trust
2. The $2.91bn acquisition of Hembla by Vonovia
3. J2 Acquisition's $2.9bn acquisition of APi Group
4. The $1.36bn asset transaction with Galliford Try by Bovis Homes
5. Brookfield Business Partners’ private equity deal with Brand Industrial Services for $1.3bn.