WHAT: Awarded every two years, CertainTeed Gypsum’s North American Trophy Awards recognizes contractors that have demonstrated excellence in gypsum design. The North American Trophy Awards are part of the larger Saint-Gobain International Trophy Event, honoring projects that used CertainTeed’s gypsum products to create a project that exceeds high-performance standards and exemplifies innovation.
Specific projects and their contractors are nominated in North America based on their work in a variety of categories, including gypsum board craftsmanship and design, innovation and sustainability, residential and mixed-commercial uses, and applications in hospitals, hotels and education settings.
Projects that win the CertainTeed Gypsum North American Trophy Awards this upcoming November move on to compete in the greater International Awards Event, which will take place this coming Spring. In 2016, 89 projects from 35 different countries competed internationally, 27 of those submissions being from North America.
14 projects are honored on an international scale, including the coveted Grand Prix Award that goes to one project that exemplifies technical gypsum superiority with stunning visual appeals. The Philharmonie de Paris by Ile de France Platrerie received the Grand Prix Award at Prague in 2016.
2016 recipients of the North American Awards include Oregon Interiors’ work on the Breathe Building in Portland, Oregon, Paric Corporation’s work on the St. Louis College of Pharmacy, and Tartan Interiors’ work on the Halifax Central Library in Canada.
WHO: This year, there are 9 nominees from the United States and 7 from Canada competing this November to advance to the International Trophy Awards in the Spring.
• URL Harborside Multi-Family high-rise by AJD Construction – Jersey City, NJ
• River Watch residential home by Michael’s Homes, LLC – Soddy Daisy, TN
• Holy Name of Jesus Cathedral by Clancy & Theys Construction Co. – Raleigh, NC
• The Griff student housing complex by Metro Properties – Columbus, OH
• Manor at Stella Lane custom home by Matt Edwards – St. Louis, MO
• MCC at Washington University by ClayCo – St. Louis, MO
• Silver Oak Winery by Cello & Maudru Construction Co. – Healdsburg, CA
• Aria Convention Center by Penta – Las Vegas, NV
• Ilani Casino by Swinerton Builders – Portland, OR
• Alexander Multi-Family high-rise by Pomerlau – Halifax, NS
• Floréa Retirement Community by Dinamo – Terrebonne, QC
• Oculo Vision by Geratek – Sherbrooke, QC
• W.F. Mitchell Athletics Centre Expansion by Aquicon Construction – Guelph, ON
• St. Mary & St. Samuel Coptic Orthodox Church by Clancy & Theys Construction Co. – Toronto, ON
• Calgary International Airport by Ellis Don – Calgary, AB
• Parq Casino by Clayco – Vancouver, BC
WHY: The premiere drywall and gypsum industry events for North America, the CertainTeed Gypsum North American Trophy Awards sets out to highlight the amazing work that is being done by contractors throughout United States and Canada.
The projects that are put forth exemplify the very best in terms of gypsum board’s capabilities, and stand out from the rest in terms of their visual appeal and cutting-edge design.
This Award shows appreciation and respect for the top talent among building professional who balance the complexity of material performance specifications while staying on time and on budget while delivering an outstanding, notable design.
The event originated in order to showcase the impressive applications of CertainTeed’s gypsum, and is an event that recognizes ingenuity and innovation.
WHEN: CertainTeed Gypsum North American Trophy Awards will take place on November 9th , 2017. The international event will take place in the Spring of 2018.
WHERE: Austin, Texas