flexiblefullpage -
billboard - default
interstitial1 - interstitial
catfish1 - bottom
Currently Reading

Why are Valspar’s 70% PVDF coatings world famous?

Sponsored Content Coatings

Why are Valspar’s 70% PVDF coatings world famous?

Jeff Alexander | December 13, 2017

Polyvinylidene Fluoride (PVDF) coatings are featured in acclaimed projects across the globe. Many Valspar customers wonder if all 70% PVDF coatings offer equal resistance to weathering and substrate protection.

The simple answer is no. While any paint manufacturer can make a 70% PVDF coating, the quality of the remaining 30% is very important and relies on technical expertise. It contains binders, solvents, pigmentation, and additives and the quality of these components relies on the expertise of the manufacturer. Our two-coat formulation of fluoropolymer resin ensures exceptional color and durability in a variety of climates.

To meet customer expectations, the most reputable coating manufacturers make their own high-quality acrylic resins and conduct extensive weather testing. Valspar’s weather testing facilities allow our scientists to determine exactly how a resin will perform over time, enabling Valspar to produce industry-leading 70% PVDF coatings.

Valspar has made a long-term commitment to testing so we can stand behind our product quality. In fact, there are samples that have been on our test fence in Florida since 1968! We also use a wealth of data to assist and conduct accelerated cabinet weather testing in addition to exterior natural weathering. These tests provide vital information on how new coatings will perform over time without waiting years.


Want to learn more about how Valspar coatings can set your next project apart? Contact Valspar today!


More from Author

Jeff Alexander | Mar 19, 2019

Green innovation in the construction industry

Although individual companies can make a difference, collaboration is crucial for creating the most significant impact.

Jeff Alexander | Aug 17, 2018

Anti-graffiti coatings keep projects pristine

The Sherwin-Williams Coil Coating products you know and trust are designed to keep your buildings beautiful and free of graffiti.

Jeff Alexander | Aug 7, 2018

8330 On the River

 A housing community offering beautiful views of the Detroit River and Belle Isle as the city's waterfront is undergoing dramatic restoration.

Jeff Alexander | Jul 31, 2018

Color trends: Hit pause

Color has the power to help us go within and reset.

Jeff Alexander | Jul 24, 2018

Metal roofs take the residential market by storm

As metal roofing soars in popularity, so do the aesthetic options. 

Jeff Alexander | Jan 15, 2018

Metalescent coatings bring shimmer to projects

Achieve a vibrant, metallic finish with only two coats

Jeff Alexander | Dec 28, 2017

Cool coatings reduce heat islands

Innovative products can help lower energy costs and mitigate the heat island effect

Jeff Alexander | Dec 19, 2017

Which Fluropon coating is best for your next project?

Energy efficiency is a top priority to lower operating costs and protect the environment.

Jeff Alexander | Nov 28, 2017

What is PVDF?

PVDF coatings are a resin-based coating system.

Jeff Alexander | Nov 8, 2017

Alfond Inn brings Mediterranean charm near Disney World

The inn’s “jeweled center” consists of a 39-foot domed skylight across the conservatory.

boombox1 - default
boombox2 -
native1 -

More In Category

Senior Living Design

8330 On the River

 A housing community offering beautiful views of the Detroit River and Belle Isle as the city's waterfront is undergoing dramatic restoration.

halfpage1 -

Most Popular Content

  1. 2021 Giants 400 Report
  2. Top 150 Architecture Firms for 2019
  3. 13 projects that represent the future of affordable housing
  4. Sagrada Familia completion date pushed back due to coronavirus
  5. Top 160 Architecture Firms 2021