There is no bigger annual gathering of architects and design professionals in North America quite like the AIA National Convention.
Project: Bucks County Community College in Newtown, PA; Architect: Schrader Group Architecture
There is no bigger annual gathering of architects and design professionals in North America quite like the AIA National Convention. This year’s event takes place in Atlanta at the Georgia World Congress Center on May 14-16, 2015. Here architects can earn LUs by participating over 300 workshops, seminars and tours, or see the latest innovations in materials and technology with nearly 800 exhibitors on the Expo floor. This year, architects can actually earn LUs by visiting different exhibitors through their Expo Chat program, where SAFTI FIRST is proudly participating in at Booth 1236. Here’s how to goes:
- Earn the first LU by meeting with four exhibitors for at least 15 minutes each. Again, SAFTI FIRST will be at Booth 1236.
- Earn additional credit in .25 increments for each 15-minute exhibitor chat.
- Each attendee can earn up to 6 LUs total over the three AIA Expo days.
- Take notes as you chat, so you can fill out your learning statement.
- Collect a verification code from each exhibitor at the end of your chat.
- Enter your verification codes online—through the convention app or your attendance record.
- Complete the learning statement by June 1, 2015.
- Check your AIA member transcript to confirm your LUs. The AIA will post credits to your transcript within 10 business days.
SAFTI FIRST is also hosting a happy hour on the Expo Floor on Thursday, May 14 at 4 pm. Stop by our booth 1236 for refreshments and to see our latest innovations in fire rated glazing, including:
- Fire resistive multilaminate that meets ASTM E-119 and ANSI/UL 263 with hose stream up to 2 hours.
- Transparent wall assembly with a maximum panel size of 6,975 sq. in. not to exceed 116-1/4” in height or width.
- SAFTI FIRST engineered a connection that allows the structural elements of the GPX Framing System to support an integral sunshade system, instead of being hung in front of it.
- The framing covers were notched around the brackets to create a seamless connection. The connection was also kept in front of the waterline to avoid a potential breach, keeping the system air and water tight.
Project: Doolittle BART Station in Oakland, CA; Architect: ED2 International
SAFTI FIRST is also giving complimentary access to the Expo Floor so you can see all the exhibits at no cost. To request a free pass, please send an email to Diana San Diego at email@example.com.
See you in ATLAIANTA!