How are leading contractors winning with offsite construction? What’s the future of AEC in the age of Big Tech? What can we learn from AEC “superusers”?
The answers to these questions—and so many more—will be explored at Building Design+Construction’s third-annual Accelerate AEC Innovation Conference, May 13-14 at Dream Downtown in New York City.
Accelerate AEC will bring together more than 150 AEC firm leaders and industry technologists to share ideas around technology and business innovation, the changing built environment, and product and process innovation.
Each speaker will get 15 minutes and up to 10 slides to present a radical idea, novel solution, breakthrough project, or emerging technology related to the future of the AEC industry and the built environment.
This high-energy event will also feature moderated Q&A sessions, roundtable discussions, and networking opportunities. Design and construction professionals can earn up to 8.0 AIA learning units or professional development hours (PDHs).
The 2019 speaker lineup includes 20 AEC visionaries and industry technologists from firms including: Affiliated Engineers, BuroHappold Engineering, Gensler, HMC Architects, PCL Construction, Pepper Construction, Suffolk Construction, Transwestern, WeWork, Woods Bagot, WSP USA, and ZGF Architects.
Accelerate AEC talk topics include:
• The science of placemaking
• The rise of AEC “superusers”
• How data hunters are disrupting traditional construction
• Lessons from a builder’s offsite construction journey
• Using advanced tech to battle hidden costs
• Humanizing architectural automation
• Leveraging computational design for occupancy evaluations
• When buildings design themselves
• Evolve or dissolve: Transforming your practice for the new future
• How to create complex building structures using prefab strategies
• Generative design in prefab manufacturing
• In pursuit of the perfect project: Lean Six Sigma meets AEC project delivery
• The future of AEC in the time of Big Tech
• Smart buildings: Designing for enhanced productivity
• A roadmap for creating an agile, tech-focused AEC practice
“In this time of rapid disruption across nearly every facet of the AEC profession, it is vital that leading AEC firms and building owners gather to discuss the future of the business and to learn about advanced tools, methods, and business strategies,” said David Barista, BD+C’s Editorial Director. “Join us in NYC for this one-of-a-kind, fast-paced AEC innovation conference.”
For ticket information and program details, visit: http://www.acceleratelivebdc.com.