Representatives from The Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) testified at a Congressional hearing for reform of the federal procurement process. AGC's recommendations include:
- Create safe harbor standards that do not penalize contractors for making good faith efforts to abide by SBA rules and regulations.
- Limit overreliance on construction to achieve overall agency small business contracting goals.
- Ensure that small business goals take into consideration actual small business capacity in relevant specialty markets.
- Count all small business participation at all contracting tiers.
- Revise the bundling definition to clarify that contract bundling rules apply to construction procurements.
For more information, click here. BD+C