1. Get Comfortable With Extended-Stay Hotels (WSJ) - August 24
“Real-estate investment trusts that specialize in the category look like a relatively safe bet in the battered lodging sector.”
2. Industrial Real Estate Faces Short-Term Decline in NAIOP Report (Commercial Property Investor) - August 24
"The resilience that e-commerce offers the industrial market is unlikely to overcome the powerful headwinds of a recessionary economy, according to the latest quarterly forecast from NAIOP."
3. Reconstruction could be COVID-19’s silver lining (BD+C) - August 21
"Existing buildings are being adapted to the ‘new normal’ for health and wellness."
4. Tesla Looking For Space To Open 'Lots' Of Service Centers, Narrowing In On East Coast (Bisnow) - August 24
"Electric vehicle maker Tesla is looking for locations to open "a lot of service centers," though it didn't specify a number. The company said it will focus this particular site selection effort on the northeast United States, according to the company."
5. Seven Takeaways from UBS's Real Estate Outlook Report (National Real Estate Investor) - August 24
"Uncertainty looms over the U.S. economy and no property type is immune from the potential financial impact."
6. Prices Rise for NY Apartments With a Must-Have Feature (Bloomberg via National Real Estate Investor) - August 24
"Even in a market partially paralyzed by the pandemic, places with outdoor space are getting more looks than those without."
7. Regus Puts Portion of Its Portfolio into Chapter 11 (Connect) - August 24
"RGN Group Holdings LLC, the company that operates Regus shared office suites, has voluntarily filed for Chapter 11 protection in the U. S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware for a segment of its portfolio."
8. Self Storage Sector Shows Signs of Resilience (Commercial Property Executive) - August 24
"While national street rates fell compared to July 2019, rate performance was positive for the standard climate and non-climate-controlled units on a month-over-month basis."