1. New affordable housing development comes to the Bay Area (BD+C)
"The two phase project will provide 100 affordable units total."
2. Mandated building retrofits are necessary to meet climate crisis (BD+C)
"Cities and states should mandate retrofits of inefficient buildings in order to meet the climate crisis, according to a new report by the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE)."
3. 11 tips on how best to install EV charging stations in multifamily housing (BD+C)
"Electric vehicle adoption is expected to grow at a 25% annual clip over next five years. That’s going to make the installation of electric charging stations a must at apartment communities in most major real estate markets."
4. New buildings can fall short of designed performance (BD+C)
"New buildings don’t always perform as designed due to many variables. Energy loads and when the loads peak can vary no matter the design, and similar buildings can produce far different energy usage outcomes."
5. This is not the end of cities (Bloomberg)
"Both the coronavirus pandemic and the Black Lives Matter movement create opportunities to reshape cities in more equitable ways."
6. Will pre-COVID-19 senior housing trends help fuel a post-pandemic recovery? (GlobeSt)
"The JLL Spring 2020 Senior Housing and Care Investor Survey and Trends Outlook reports that potential market disruptors are active adult developments and the needs of middle-income seniors."
7. A multibillion-dollar opportunity: Virus-proofing the new office (New York Times)
"Tech, catering and design companies are rushing to sell employers on fever scanners, box lunches and office floor-planning apps for social distancing. But it’s too soon to tell if they will work."