1. The great reset and our new work life (CallisonRTKL)
"Never in the history of our planet has this happened. In the last few months, the COVID-19 pandemic has shaken the world: sickening people by the millions and killing them by the hundreds of thousands."
2. Facebook to build $800 million data center in DeKalb, Ill. (BD+C)
"The project, which will be Facebook’s 12th data center in the U.S. and the 16th overall."
3. 329 metro areas added construction jobs in May (AGC)
"Seattle-Bellevue-Everett, Wash. added the most construction jobs (28,600, 44%) in May."
4. AIA releases strategies and illustrations for reducing risk of COVID-19 in senior living communities (AIA)
"These resources were developed by a team of architects, AIA’s Design for Aging knowledge community, public health experts, and engineers, to assist with pivoting communities toward a more sustainable set of strategies that can reduce risk for residents and staff while creating a more comfortable way of life that is supportive of overall wellbeing."
5. WELL building institute steps up health safety rating for hotels and resorts (BD+C)
"Certification body forms advisory group of industry leaders and health experts."
6. What Re-entry Looks Like in Portland's Largest Office Building (GlobeSt)
"Unico Properties has a strategy to deliver a safe and sanitized office environment across its portfolio and this includes plans for US Bancorp Tower located at 111 SW 5th Ave., Portland’s largest office building."
7. Office Buildings Are Becoming Greener Post-Coronavirus, Experts Say (Bisnow)
"Before the coronavirus crisis, Hudson Pacific Properties was preparing to roll out a new mobile app for its office tenants within the next year and a half."