1. Data Center Demand Holds Up Amid Pandemic (National Real Estate Investor) - August 24
"Investors now spend more than ever for data center properties, relative to the income from the buildings."
2. MOB Sector Boosted by Demand and Capital: Marcus & Millichap (Commercial Property Executive) - August 24
"The ongoing rise in nonvirtual outpatient health-care activity and the needs of the aging Baby Boomer population will bolster demand for medical office buildings post-pandemic."
3. Coronavirus Pandemic Boosting Demand For Telemedicine, And Hospitals Are Hurting (Bisnow) - August 24
"The coronavirus pandemic sped up trends in healthcare that had gone on for years, for instance, the growth of telemedicine and ambulatory services, forcing hospitals to adjust their operations accordingly."
4. US No Longer Leads the World in CRE Investment (Globe St) - August 24
“The social safety nets of European countries can look more expensive, but in a time of crisis, they can also help investors understand how economic losses will be distributed."
5. Final report: BD+C's 2020 Color Trends Report (BD+C) - August 9
"This special research report from the editors of BD+C explores the leading trends and drivers related to the use of color on commercial, institutional, and multifamily building projects."
6. Suburbs Outperform Cities as Renters Relocate: Report (Multi-Housing News) - August 20
"Rent prices in urban city centers are down for the first time in a decade, according to a new report from Marcus & Millichap."
7. Last-Mile Delivery Services Finally Reaches The Health Care Sector (Globe St) - August 20
"Hampr, a Lafayette, LA-based start-up announced that they have entered the last-mile delivery service business with the launch of Presto Health."