1. 10 Design will redevelop the Nanjing Dajiaochang Airport (BD+C)
"The redevelopment has been designed with the central theme of echoing the past while reflecting the future for the city of Nanjing. The winning design features three interconnected buildings linked by a sunken street, incorporating office, retail, and cultural spaces."
2. The Weekly show: JLL's construction outlook for 2020, and COVID-19's impact on sustainability (BD+C)
"The September 3 episode of BD+C's "The Weekly" is available for viewing on demand."
3. Turner Construction takes strong stand against racism (BD+C)
"Workers on jobs where Turner holds training usually stay home for a day while organizers prepare for the anti-bias program."
4. Hotels Get Past Awful Q2, But Demand May Not Rebound Until 2023 (Bisnow)
"The U.S. hospitality industry took a major drubbing during the second quarter of 2020, suffering its lowest occupancy levels since the Great Depression. The third quarter has seen improvement in U.S. hotel industry metrics, but it isn't clear yet how much lasting damage the pandemic-related recession has done, and a full recovery may be years from now."
5. Why Whole Foods is trying out a 'dark store' as part of its vision for the future of grocery shopping online (USA Today)
"There's no salad or coffee bar at the newest Whole Foods Market. The Amazon-owned grocery chain is officially opening its first permanent online-only store in Brooklyn, New York, to fulfill orders for grocery delivery, Whole Foods officials shared exclusively with USA TODAY on Tuesday. Like other retailers' online-only stores, also known as dark stores, the store will not be open to the public."
6. Rental Concessions on the Rise as Rent Market Softens (Zillow)
"The percentage of rental listings featuring concessions rose from 16.2% in February to 30.4% in July. Year-over-year rent growth has slowed from 3.9% to 1.2% over the same period."