1. Could water-filled windows help buildings save energy? (BD+C)
"New research shows how water-filled glass could help heat and cool buildings."
2. International Code Council to hold inaugural online education event (BD+C)
"Week-long ICC Learn Live will include panel conversations, keynotes, and breakout sessions around key topics in building safety."
3. Construction sector adds 26,000 workers in September but nonresidential jobs stall (AGC)
"Construction employment increased by 26,000 jobs in September to a total of 7,245,000, but the gains were concentrated in housing, while employment in the infrastructure and nonresidential building construction sector remained little changed, according to an analysis by the Associated General Contractors of America of government data released today."
4. Construction begins on new PGA of America Headquarters (BD+C)
"The four-story HQ building will be predominantly glass and limestone. It will initially house 150 corporate employees, with three floors of office space, a top floor conference room, and an outdoor terrace lounge space overlooking the driving range and golf course."
5. Airport of the Future global student design competition 2020 winners announced
"Winning projects reimagine airport mobility in the year 2100 for one of the 20 busiest airports in the world."
6. LEED, GBCI rating systems spur resilience-enhancing strategies (BD+C)
"U.S. Green Building Council and Green Business Certification Inc. have bolstered their programs and resources to drive resilience-enhancing strategies to help businesses and governments mitigate climate risks."