1. 5 valuable questions building engineers will be asking after COVID-19 (CannonDesign)
"There are so many unanswered questions we are sorting through during this pandemic. The big one for me is: what will be the new normal in the post-COVID-19 world and to what extent will the way we interact with the built environment change?"
2. Video: Fresh ideas for converting idle hotel rooftops to amenity spaces (Base4)
"From fire pits to infinity pools to urban gardens, hotel design experts with Base4 offer smart ideas for making the most of hotel rooftop amenity spaces."
3. A few ways contractors can manage COVID-19 risks (BD+C)
"The goal is to alter project management and safety protocols to enable social distancing and enhance hygiene on job sites. Some contractors have added shifts and staggered start times and lunch breaks to reduce the number of workers on site at any given time."
4. National Construction Association and Procore to release new data showing the impacts of the coronavirus on the constructionindustry (AGC)
"Data will be released on Friday, may 8 at 12 pm EDT."
5. Coronavirus Crisis Threatens Push for Denser Housing (New York Times)
"Transit-oriented developments were seen as a solution to severe housing shortages, but experts say developers need to rethink the design for a post-pandemic world."
6. Array Architects' Toolkit Provides Resources for Resuming Outpatient Services (Array Architects)
"As healthcare providers prepare to resume outpatient services, there are several considerations and opportunities to improve the safety of staff and patients. Array has developed a consolidated toolkit to reduce infection risk, acknowledge and ameliorate patient and staff anxiety, and streamline patient throughput. We have also included links to expanded resources and sample products to support healthcare teams."