1. Watch Bjarke Ingels discuss Mars Science City, BIG's prototype Martian city in Dubai (BD+C)
"Bjarke Ingels has joined the building-on-Mars party. BIG's prototype Martian city, dubbed Mars Science City, is designed to be an environment dedicated to the knowledge, education, and exhibition of the technologies necessary to inhabit mars."
2. A resort with a giant artificial wave basin is being planned for southern California (BD+C)
"Early next year, construction is scheduled to begin on Coral Mountain, a 400-acre masterplan resort in the Coachella Valley near LaQuinta, Calif., which will be the first of its kind whose amenities include an 18-million-gallon water basin that’s activated by artificial wave technology."
3. Interest in eSports is booming amid COVID-19 (GlobalData)
"The industry has proved largely immune to the COVID-19 pandemic due to its prompt transition into online formats and sudden spike in interest from traditional sports organizations."
4. Experts offer a 13-point plan to reduce coronavirus deaths in nursing homes (Perkins Eastman)
"Two nationally recognized experts in the design of senior living facilities offer a 13-point plan to protect our frailest citizens."
5. The Good News About Rent Might Not Be So Good (CityLab)
"Momentum is building in Congress around a bill that would authorize $100 billion in rental aid for low-income families who are most at risk of losing their homes, writes Kriston Capps, but the White House has other ideas."
6. NMHC Rent Payment Tracker Finds 80.2% of Apartment Households Paid Rent as of May 6 (National Multifamily Housing Council)
"The National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC)’s Rent Payment Tracker found 80.2 percent of apartment households made a full or partial rent payment by May 6 in its survey of 11.4 million units of professionally managed apartment units across the country."