1. A time for fearlessness: Lessons from high growth AEC firms (Hinge)
"Nothing motivates change more than a crisis. Many professional services firms have made more radical shifts in how they do business over the past two months than over the past decade."
2. OSHA construction safety inspections fall 84% during COVID-19 pandemic (BD+C)
"Agency focuses on preventing disease transmission in healthcare industry."
3. PPP loans now only require 60% of funds for payroll use (Construction Dive)
"Borrowers only have to use 60% of their loan funds for payroll costs under changes the federal government made to the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) that President Trump signed into law Friday. Previously, the program required borrowers to use 75% of the funds on payroll, a requirement contractors and other businesses said was too restrictive. For many companies impacted by mandatory stay-at-home orders, the money would have been better spent on rent and other operating costs, they argued."
4. The office isn't dead. It's just convalescing: Nisha Gopalan (Bloomberg via National Real Estate Investor)
"There are many office jobs that can’t be done remotely."
5. Minimize your risk when reopening construction projects (AIA Contract Documents)
"In this video, we discuss risk management methods when re-opening a project and how to discuss re-opening procedures and protocols with the owner, the contractor, and the entire project team."
6. Trump orders federal agencies to waive environmental regulations (Construction Dive)
"Through a new executive order issued last week, President Donald Trump directed federal government agencies to waive environmental regulations and to take other actions necessary to streamline and expedite infrastructure projects in order to hasten the economic recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic."