1. How will museums change after COVID-19 (SmithGroup)
"This new environment may herald innovative economic models and change the way we think about museum design."
2. Patriarch of The Boldt Company dies at 96 (BD+C)
"Boldt, known to friends and business associates as O.C., had been with the company his grandfather, Martin, founded in 1889 for 72 years."
3. USGBC offers new pilot credit to address green cleaning and COVID-19 (BD+C)
"The credit is intended to support building owners and operators as they respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. It provides guidance on effectively cleaning and disinfecting buildings using green cleaning best practices."
4. Carbon emission legislation prompts commercial real estate to innovate (BD+C)
"Among the trends embraced by the industry are mass timber, augmented reality, and modular construction. Modular construction has aided construction firms in using less energy on work sites and reducing waste."
5. These Companies Are Redesigning Hospitals to Fight Covid (Inc.)
"The future of health care may be flexible interiors--quick-to-construct rooms that contain contagion. Businesses are pivoting to seize that market."
6. BD+C launches 'The Weekly,' a streaming program for the design and construction industry (BD+C)
"The first episode, now available on demand, features experts from Robins & Morton, Gensler, and FMI on the current state of the AEC market."