1. Skanska selects Pickard Chilton to design innovative office tower in Bellevue, Wash. (BD+C)
"The project will feature 540,000-sf of commercial office space with open floor plates and 10-foot ceiling heights, a 7,000-sf public plaza, 12,000-sf of ground floor retail, and a 1,200-sf retail pavilion built with heavy timber."
2. New version of IAPMO’s Water Demand Calculator is available (BD+C)
"Version 2.0 includes some notable enhancements. Among them is the addition of a drop-down menu offering a selection between single- and multifamily buildings."
3. Mobile app calculates sound transmission for wood-framed assemblies (BD+C)
"Compliance with these requirements may be demonstrated through testing or through engineering analysis based on empirical test data from similar assemblies. The Acoustics App uses the AWC empirical model, based on empirical test data, to estimate STC and IIC values that can be used to demonstrate compliance of wood-frame floor-ceiling assemblies with these code-regulated sound transmission parameters."
4. Introducing The Hometel: The new hospitality concept that actually pays rent, post-coronavirus (Bisnow)
"This week the budget hometel concept joined the aparthotel, the poshtel, the student hotel and half a dozen others in the hunt for new ways to claim a slice of the short and medium-stay market."
5. Slideshow: Retailers That Have—and Haven’t—Paid Rent During COVID-19 (National Real Estate Investor)
"Many businesses have put a pause on paying rent during the COVID-19 pandemic, while others have not missed a beat, according to a Datex report."
6. Days grow long at nursing homes as virus lockdowns drag on (AP)
"Life has frozen at this nursing home, walled off for four months by a virus that’s zeroed in on the old. And with the pandemic raging outside, there’s no telling when the thaw might come."