1. Phase one of The Orbit masterplan detailed for Innisfil, Ontario (BD+C)
"The Orbit is Toronto-based architect Partisans’ vision for a next generation community. Located in the town of Innisfil in Ontario, The Orbit will create a cohesive center for Innisfil that will gravitate and grow around a new regional transit link and cultural center."
2. How design of senior living communities must change after COVID-19 (SmithGroup)
"While the economic and operational impacts of the novel coronavirus on senior living communities are clear, the social-emotional impacts are perhaps even more critical and challenging to quantitatively measure."
3. Nonresidential building spending to decline through 2021 (AIA)
"The commercial building sector is expected to be the hardest hit."
4. Architecture billings remain in negative territory, begin to stabilize (AIA)
"Demand for design services from architecture firms began to stabilize in June, following their peak declines in April, according to a new report today from The American Institute of Architects (AIA)."
5. Why Suburbs, Secondary CRE Markets Will Benefit From the Next Recovery (Commercial Property Executive)
"According to reports by Cushman & Wakefield and Marcus & Millichap, COVID-19 is bolstering a preexisting shift in commercial real estate away from core markets."
6. 'We Were Way High': Reality Of Phased Office Comeback Falls Short Of Landlord Expectations (Bisnow)
"Office space has been open in Massachusetts since Phase 1 of the commonwealth's reopening plan went into effect on May 25, but office workers and their managers aren't rushing to return. That doesn't mean they never will, just that the uncertainty is still too strong."