1. Take a virtual tour of Frank Lloyd Wright's Robie House (BD+C)
Explore the building with Frank Lloyd Wright Trust curator David Bagnall.
2. Construction Contractor Confidence plummets in February (ABC)
Confidence among U.S. construction industry leaders plummeted in February due to expectations of the economic fallout associated with COVID-19, according to the Associated Builders and Contractors Construction Confidence Index released today. Readings for sales, profit margins and staffing levels expectations fell below the threshold of 50 for the first time in the history of the series, signaling expected contraction along all three dimensions.
3. Group will create ecosystem for smart building data (BD+C)
Seven Finnish companies aim to integrate all technical systems into a single platform.
4. Recovery Readiness: A How-to Guide for Reopening your Workplace (Cushman & Wakefield)
"We are proud to announce the release of Recovery Readiness: A How-to Guide for Reopening your Workplace, a comprehensive guide for real estate tenants and landlords on reopening workplaces as stay-at-home restrictions are lifted."
5. Social distancing in the workplace: The new norm (BuroHappold Engineering)
"How analytics and insight will help organizations implement social distancing in the workplace."
6. Looking Beyond the Storm: How to Remain Competitive in the New Era of Construction (FMI)
"Leaders are doing their best to keep calm and level-headed, hoping that this period of upset will pass quickly. Nevertheless, some experts predict that we will be in this for the long haul.2 With no firm promise of the market thawing out in the coming weeks, we cannot afford to wait for things to return to 'normal.'"