1. The Weekly show: Building optimization tech, the future of smart cities, and storm shelter design (BD+C)
"The September 24 episode of BD+C's "The Weekly" is available for viewing on demand."
2. AIA releases latest 2030 Commitment results (AIA)
"Architects and engineers participating in the AIA’s 2030 Commitment are reporting the greatest reduction in predicted energy use (pEUI) in the program’s 10-year history."
3. Benefits of building enclosure commissioning include reduced costs (BD+C)
"The key document established by the commissioning team in the predesign phase is the owner’s project requirements, which means the owner’s representatives are an invaluable part of the commissioning team for making the owner’s needs known and understood."
4. White paper: The changing role of coworking in the workplace ecosystem (Cushman and Wakefield)
"Although coworking has been dramatically impacted by COVID-19 and the economic downturn, it’s likely to remain a viable and important workplace environment for a variety of user types and reasons. In this report, we explore some of the trends and factors that are likely to shape the future of coworking. We also take a look at coworking in nearly 30 metro areas throughout the Americas."
5. News delivery robots could generate trillions for U.S. economy, transform last-mile delivery: study (Bisnow)
"The use of autonomous vehicles for last-mile delivery services has the potential to transform U.S. consumer shopping behavior and generate as much as $4.1 trillion in value by 2035, according to a new economic impact study from global consultancy Steer Group."