1. A new museum at Princeton University designed as ‘a campus within a campus’ (BD+C)
"Demolition of the existing museum—which is currently closed due to the coronavirus pandemic—is expected to begin in the middle of next year, with the goal of reopening in the new museum by late 2024."
2. Miami’s yacht-inspired UNA Residences begins construction (BD+C)
"Una Residences will comprise 135 condominiums with unobstructed views of the Atlantic Ocean, Biscayne Bay, and the Miami city skyline. Residences range from two to five bedrooms and measure between 1,100 and 4,786 sf. The building includes spacious layouts, large terraces, and private elevators for all units."
3. Neighborhoods Now offers cost-effective, DIY designs in response to COVID-19 pandemic (BD+C)
"Designs include barriers for outdoor dining, sidewalk retail displays, and modular seating for public spaces."
4. One of the world’s most innovative developers is becoming a software company, too (Bisnow)
"Edge, renowned for building highly sustainable and tech-enabled buildings, has set up a new division called Edge Next, which will allow the owner of any building to use sensors and data management and analytics software developed by Edge."
5. Colleges learn how to suppress coronavirus: Extensive testing (New York Times)
"While many campuses are struggling with major outbreaks, some schools have successfully contained the virus."