1. How will COVID-19 change the procurement of professional design services? (SmithGroup)
"We can use this moment as a test-case to build greater flexibility into how we pursue, win and deliver capital projects, better preparing the industry to meet the next disruption."
2. Holt Construction, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers complete temporary hospital in two weeks (BD+C)
"A new temporary medical facility, comprising two fully-equipped tents, was completed in just two weeks at Bergen New Bridge Medical Center (BNBMC) in Paramus, N.J. The project was built by Holt Construction, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, and FEMA."
3. 2020 IECC will lead to significant carbon emissions reductions (BD+C)
"The 2021 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) is nearly finalized. This model building code will be a vehicle for significant cuts in carbon emissions."
4. COVID-19 and the Future of Furniture (CBRE)
"CBRE's new guide offers recommendations for outfitting commercial office spaces for the return to work."
5. Apartment Firms’ Reactivation Plans Begin to Take Shape (National Multifamily Housing Council)
"With some states announcing reopening plans—and more importantly, dates—apartment firms prepare for a phased opening of leasing offices, amenities and corporate offices, some starting sooner than later."